Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2020

My Trip To Goat Island

Trip to Goat Island 


 
On the 24th of February 2020  Year 5-6 from St.Pius X School all
went on a trip to Goat Island Marine Reserve.
When my siblings and I got to school my sister and  I went to
class and waited for the bus to arrive.When they arrived
we the teacher called out everyone's name to check if
they were there.   


When everyone arrived at school we jumped on the bus.
When we got on the bus the second door could not close so
the bus driver   called his manager for instructions. 


The bus driver was pushing each button to work the second door to
close.For a few hours we waited for the door to close.
Then the bus driver fixed the door we lifted at 9:30 am.
We pasted  heaps of places like the Sky tower,Hospital ,
over the Harbour Bridge and past Matakana.


It was a two hour drive. It was a long trip so we played games,
went to sleep and we looked out the window at nature.  


After waiting for two hours we  made it to Goat Island.
We got out of the bus and people who work there introduced them.
Their names were Fraser,Sophie,Chris and  Ava.

They are the
people who work there. Sophie, Ava and Chris are the people
who are going to be swimming with us and Fraser is the
person who is showing the mountains and rock pools. 


Sophie  put us into two groups. The first group are going to be
doing snorkelling and the second group are looking around
the mountains and rock pools. I got put inside the first group that
is for snorkelling. I was really excited. It was my first time snorkelling. 



Ava and Sophie gave us our wet suits and   our snorkelling
goggles and Chris gave us our fins when we were already
we each buddy up. I budded  up with my teammate from the
Marist Brothers, which is rugby union and Ava was the
person who will be watching  out for us. 


 When everyone had a parent to watch them in the water
we all went down into the sand. 

First we wash our snorkel goggles with
Colgate toothpaste because when you go  into the
water it won’t become blurry. 






When we washed our goggles we could finally do my first ever
snorkelling at Goat Island Marine Reserves. We put our fins on
and we walked backwards so we don’t trip over because that
will be embarrassing. We swim everywhere in the water.


 We all had to be close. I started to use the board
that I was sharing because my friend went to the deep side to see
snappers,goat fish and schools of  tiny fish. 


Then I went to the deep side. It was 100 feet down in  the sea. 


The fish that I saw were catfish, snapper ,lobster,kina,pipers and
stingrays. 






When it was one o’clock in the afternoon me and the first group got
out of the water. 

We walked back  up stairs to the places we all meet. 
We all went back upstairs to take off our suits then  put our fins
inside the bucket and put our snorkels inside a bucket filled with
water. When we put everything where it was supposed to be for
the next class me and my friends went to the shower.
It was an outside shower we all took
turns when we were done we went and
got changed into our spear cloths. 


When we were all finished me and my other friend had
to wait for my buddy because he was putting his stuff
back into his bag then we could go. We all went back
to eat  lunch.

I had pringles,cookie time,fruit vines,
chocolate bars and my G force drink for hiking.
The man Fraser told us that “lunch is finished”
we put our lunch boxes in our bags and we brought our drink bottles. 







We all went back upstairs to take off our suits then 
put our fins inside the bucket and put our snorkels
inside a bucket filled with water.
When we put everything where it was supposed
to be for the next class me and my friends went to the shower.


It was an outside shower we all took turns when we were done
we went and got changed into our spear cloths. 


When we were all finished me and my other friend had
to wait for my buddy because he was putting his stuff back into
his bag then we could go. We all went back to eat  lunch.


I had pringles,cookie time,fruit vines,chocolate bars and my G force
drink for hiking. The man Fraser told us lunch was finished we put
our lunch boxes in our bags and we brought our drink bottles. 


Fraser gave us binoculars to look at the mountains that were next
to the marine reserves we saw the trees,the cows and the farms.


When we were finished looking at mountains we went to go look at
rock pools. We pasted a small river that had an eel inside  it was
hiding under the bridge.  


Next we went to the rock pool and we saw heaps of stuff inside
the rock pool. I was the first one to spot  a small starfish. 


We saw everything inside the rock pool, even a crab but when
we were finished we went back up the stairs and the second end
class came back. They washed their suits and headed to the
bathrooms.  I was sitting under the tree. I was kind of falling
asleep but the bus arrived . 


I walked into the bus first so I could sit in the front because 
I wanted to see everything for a better view. The teachers checked
to see if everyone was on the bus that we would not to leave behind.

The teacher said everyone is here then the door closed. 


We all said goodbye to Sophie, Ava ,Chris , Fraser and
to Goat Island Marine Reserve. It was a 2 hour drive including
traffic so I fell asleep for one hour and thirty minutes. 
When I woke up we were on the Harbour Bridge I woke up because
I heard people singing in the back. For the rest of the trip I stayed
awake for the rest of the trip.  



While I was awake I looked around the city and I saw the Sky Tower,
Hospital and the company building’s that are our banks. 


Finally we made it back to St.Pius X Catholic Primary School.
My sister’s friend's Mum picked us up and she gave us a ride to our
house and I was really excited to come home safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment